Scientists have reversed the direction of time with a quantum computer. The breakthrough study seems to contradict basic laws of physics and could alter our understanding of the processes governing
“Our instruments are accessible to all, regardless of culture or biology. They’re ideal conduits for shared experience between beings who might otherwise think they have little in common.”
“The progression of a painter’s work, as it travels in time from point to point, will be toward clarity: toward the elimination of all obstacles the painter and the idea, and between the idea and the observer.”
The recipe of a work of art – its ingredients – how to make it -the formula.
- There must be a clear preoccupation with death – intimations of mortality…Tragic art, romantic art, etc., deals with the knowledge of death.
- Sensuality. Our basis of being concrete about the world. it is a lustful relationship to things that exist.
- Tension. Either conflict or curbed desire.
- Irony. This is a modern ingredient – the self-effacement and examination by which a man for instant can go on to something else.
- Wit and play…for the human element.
- The ephemeral and chance…for the human element.
- Hope.10% to make the tragic concept more endurable. I measure these ingredients very carefully when I paint a picture. It is always the form that follows these elements and the picture results from the proportions of these elements.”
Mark Rothko Art Center https://www.rothkocenter.com/en/about-rothko/statement-about-art
“Jonathan McCabe is a generative artist living in Canberra, Australia. He is particularly interested in theories of natural pattern formation and their application to computer art and design.
His main site on the internet is Flickr where he uploads the results of his experiments in computer art.”
Amazing use of Turing’s reaction-diffusion equations.